11+ Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Missedby1

11+ Appeal

Post by Missedby1 »

My son is in the bucs system- he missed by 1 point- He is the youngest in his class and was born at the end of August. I think he was unlucky- his general scores are good. I think he will manage the grammar school, and I think he will get support from his headmaster. At the end of the day- he only missed by 1 - should I still roll out the evidence of just appeal to their judgement
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The odds are in your favour, but take nothing for granted.

Last year approx. 30% of appeals with a score of 120 were unsuccessful.

What was the other score? 120+119 would make for a much better case than 120+114.
wraysburymum

missed by 1

Post by wraysburymum »

My daughter also scored 120, and initially I was very upset. However the accompanying gumph says that last year 2006 there were 900 appeals of which 37% were successful. Of these (330 ish) 85% were of grades 116-120. I was feeling a lot happier but, being out of area, am now not so sure. I know the school will be very supportive but am I getting my hopes up? Three of her friends also scored 120, does that mean we are all in direct competition now also?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

In Bucks your selection appeal is decided entirely on its own merits - there is no "competition" at this stage.

Regards
Etienne
Missedby1

11+

Post by Missedby1 »

His other score was 117- so will put the effort in. Not sure how to position the appeal as it was so close- what should we focus on
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Read the Q&As, B10, 11, 12.

Focus on academic evidence.

Regards
Etienne
Missedby1

Appeal

Post by Missedby1 »

Many thanks for your help