Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:29 pm 
Could someone tell me the difference between reallocation and appeal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:00 pm 
Hi If your child was applying for grammar school and you lived just outside the catchment area,and your child passed the 11+ and they didn`t get a place they would have to go for reallocation.
If your child was within the catchment area and failed the 11+ then you could go to appeal.

Post subject: Reallocation or Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:16 pm 
Hi Folks
I wonder if anybody can enlighten us. Our son was successful on appeal for the 11 + exam at Bucks but failed to get a place at his preffered grammar school. Do we have to Re-appeal or go for Re-allocation? What steps or grounds do we need for reallocation or re-appeal. We live outside the catchment area in the North Ruislip area. Many thanks for any help received

Post subject: Reallocation or Appeal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:21 pm 
Hi Folks
I wonder if anybody can enlighten us. Our son was successful on appeal for the 11 + exam at Bucks but failed to get a place at his preffered grammar school. Do we have to Re-appeal or go for Re-allocation? What steps or grounds do we need for reallocation or re-appeal. We live outside the catchment area in the North Ruislip area. Many thanks for any help received

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:33 pm 

Hi Guest1,

I would post your question in the Bucks section of the forum as there are people that can most probably answer you but may not see this post immediately. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:16 am 

Dear Guest 1

Go to Bucks section.....I have posted information on 'Transfer appeal'

You have 14 days to appeal against allocation offer.....leaving it a bit late...ring county immediately.

Patricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:17 pm 

Moved to Bucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:33 am 
I originally posted this question, and I am in Kent, not Bucks, so please reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:50 pm 

Sorry Guest,

My answer was not related to your question, but about the 14 days in Bucks that Patricia mentioned. I originally posted in your thread but , then moved my question because it was unrelated to yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:35 pm 
Reallocation is where you reject the offer made and effectively reapply for one of the other schools that you originally listed. It is worth doing this as some places are turned down and become available.

The Kent LEA do several reallocation sweeps whereby they 'reallocate' any places that become available to those who named the school in question on their original list.

Appeal is a separate process whereby you put forward a detailed case for a specific school which is heard by an independent panel.

No reason why you can't do both.