School report

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopeful mum!

School report

Post by Hopeful mum! »

Just had results for my daughter which were 117 on both papers.
Been to see the head who is backing us with a 2 and predicting level 5's for her Sat's
Her last years report is good apart from stating in all her subjects that she doesn't participate in lessons enough. I feel this will go against us at appeal so is it best to leave out the report or will the panel question why it hasn't been produced as evidence??
Etienne

Re: School report

Post by Etienne »

I think it unlikely the panel will wonder why the report has not been produced. It's up to you what evidence you introduce (although the absence of the headteacher's Summary Sheet in Bucks would certainly need explaining).

If you make the report available, the panel will almost certainly focus on achievement. I very much doubt that any notice would be taken of "doesn't participate in lessons enough".

If the report shows good achievement, I would definitely show it!
Etienne
Hopeful mum!

School report

Post by Hopeful mum! »

Thanks Etienne that has reassured me!
In year 5 she got a level 5 for her English and level 4B's in Maths and Science, she just lacks a litlte confidence in class and doesn't put up her hand enough. I will definately submit her report and hope they gloss over some of the negative comments.
Kristin

School report

Post by Kristin »

Dear Hopeful Mum,

Your daughter seems to have similer results to what our daughter had last year. We were successful in our appeal. If you look on page 7 of the appeals under Nervous Mother with the subject Eleven Plus Results you can see a lot of the academic information we brought with us to the appeal.
Good Luck!
Hopeful mum!

School Report

Post by Hopeful mum! »

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for that and I'm glad you were succesful at your appeal.

Just taken a look back at your comments last year. Our daughter's results are similar but she achieved 118 in her CAT VR test in Yr 5. The Head Teacher thinks this may go against us. Not sure how much bearing the CAT results have at appeal?? Keeping our fingers crossed!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now