Appeal for RGS, High Wycombe:Moved in Late/oversubscription

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rahulkav

Appeal for RGS, High Wycombe:Moved in Late/oversubscription

Post by rahulkav »

Hi,

We have recently moved to High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. My Son passed his Transfer Test but hasn’t been given the admission to any of his preferred school i.e. Royal Grammar School, Joh Hamden and Sir William Borlace.
The reason we didn’t get the admission was due to the fact that we moved to the area in December, which was outside the cut-off date for the first list on March 1. My Son has got the school place is QE Barnet, which was our 4th choice of school, but which not at all commutable from High Wycombe.
So we are thinking of appealing for his admission in RGS. Following are some of the points that I think I can put down for appeal. Could you please let me know if anything else can be added, or if anything needs to be modified/removed.

Any help and advice would be highly appreciated.

• Royal Grammar School is an excellent Academic school which is very much suitable for our son, who has passed the Transfer Test with flying colours ( Score : removed by Moderator, Pass marks 120 )
• My Son, has been recognized as Gifted and Talented Student in Maths by his previous primary school and has a keen interest in Sports, which makes RGS as very much suitable school for him
• The school which my son has been allocated is not at all commutable from High Wycombe, where we live.
• We have moved to the area recently to settle down here in High Wycombe, and now moving again in short duration would have detrimental impact on my son as well as his younger sibling, who goes in Reception in a Local Authority school.
• The area where we live in is only 2 miles from RGS school and is in Catchment for the school.

Regards,
RK
Guest55

Re: Appeal for RGS, High Wycombe:Moved in Late/oversubscript

Post by Guest55 »

Please remove the score as its irrelevant and we don't post them on this forum.

Why did you put QE on your CAF if you intended to move?

Are you on the waiting list?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is every likelihood that one of the schools will deliver a place in the second round of allocations in mid-April, for which your late move will be valid.

You can submit the appeal forms for each school simply stating "Our evidence will follow", and then sit on the waiting lists and see what happens. The appeals won't happen until well into the summer term, and you can pull out of them if you get a school that's acceptable to you (which all of them should be, depending on taste.)
rahulkav

Post by rahulkav »

Hi,

We put QE is last resort option, as theoretically there was a chance that he could not get into any of the first three schools that we applied for. Our boy is quite competitive and academic and hence we thought, if he doesn't get into any of the schools in our first three preference, then QE could be the next option.
rahulkav

Post by rahulkav »

Thanks for the help and replies so far. Appreciate it.
We have been sent an Appeal form for RGS. I will get similar forms for John Hampden and Sir William Borlace. Yes, we have informed them to keep us on waiting list for those schools and in second list our new address would be considered. They have informed us that appeal and waiting list are completely separate and they should not interfere with each other.

In the appeal form the main section is : "Tell us your grounds for appealing"
Are you suggesting that we mention "Our evidence will follow" in this section?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

rahulkav wrote:In the appeal form the main section is : "Tell us your grounds for appealing"
Are you suggesting that we mention "Our evidence will follow" in this section?
Yes. There's no point in spending time drafting your case now if you're likely to get a place in the next round.

Fill out form with one line, make tea and wait!