Appeal Stage one evidence?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bigbirdcw

Appeal Stage one evidence?

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Hi,

Do I need to provide evidence for stage one of an appeal? Or do I simply ask questions based on the facts I know?

Eg. I have to no.s on roll for each year group over the last 5 years.
1. These show numerous instances of being above PAN at admission by up to 4 children
2. They also show that the school has admitted extra children at key stage 4 taking numbers as much as 14 over PAN for that year group.

Whilst I know that they will say that numbers at admission are due to appeals, I can ask at this point if there is evidence that this has caused prejudice.

Looking though all the past year groups there has been little effect on grades over the years where they have had above PAN

I also know that the current net capacity statement will show that they have spaces - mainly due to a recent extension. In previous years they have been over, but that has not stopped them taking in extra for ks4.

Whilst I do not wish to labour these points at the appeal I want to know whether I should be supplying the panel with these acts and figures as part of my evidence. I can't imagine the school representative supplying the information.

Kind regards
Bigbirdcw

Re: Appeal Stage one evidence?

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Anyone?
Fire&ice

Post by Fire&ice »

Hi, I am no expert and I'm sure someone who is will be along to help you soon.

However, for what it's worth, we have a very similar situation with our own appeal. My understanding is that the panel will have any information supplied by the school which is in the case pack you should get sent. We got ours last week and it does include information about the numbers on roll in each year group, so I am intending to question the school on these numbers at the appeal rather than suppling any additional evidence about exams etc. Good luck.
MaggieMay

Post by MaggieMay »

By all means ask these questions at Stage One - they are relevant to the issue of whether the school can take a further child without causing prejudice to the children already there. You can include them in your case for appeal but make sure that you are within the timescale for supplying 'additional evidence' if you have not already sent this in as part of your evidence. The panel should be receptive to any evidence cited by appellants as to how they believe there is space at the school for more children.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We pointed out that the school had voluntarily 'grown' its Sixth Form whilst claiming to have no room in the school.

The IAP weren't impressed with that info that the school had not provided ...