Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm 

We have our appeal tomorrow for DS attending Wirral Grammar. It will be for non-qualification - but I understand the school to be oversubscribed too.
We have two appointment times - does anybody have any experience of the Wirral procedure?
Is the first a 'general' hearing with everybody in - and the second a 'personal' hearing?

We've got fingers and everything else well and truly crossed!

Last edited by sjw on Mon May 09, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:21 pm 

This is general procedure for an oversubscription appeal. The first hearing is a Group hearing where the school presents its case against admitting additional pupils. The second hearing is your case for your DS against the school's case.

Please read the Appeals Q&A, Section C for more information about both stages of the Appeal: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... bed-school

Edited to add: You also need to read Section B, non-qualification: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 pm 

Many thanks Sally-Anne - reading them now..

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:15 am 

So, we had the appeal and I thought it went very well. I didn't really shut up for about 20 minutes and they asked very little back - and I was hoping it was because I'd covered/pre-empted anything they may have asked. You just don't know though...
Anyway, we heard back about just over a week later (our appeal was on the Monday, but they were going through until the Thursday) - and we were successful!!!
All very happy and feeling so different from the time we were told he couldn't attend - way back in October! A long slog but hopefully all worth it in the end.. :D
Thanks!