Length of presentation

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AppealsOverload

Length of presentation

Post by AppealsOverload »

I was just hoping to get an idea on the time people have spent or intend to spend doing their presentation at the appeal hearing.

My letter for appeal was quite long although every paragraph I wrote related to evidence. I have put together a summary of my appeal that I plan to read out. The problem I am finding is in order to summarise I will not be referring to all evidence when there, but if I do refer to every price of evidence it will be the same as my letter? During the appeals to the panel generally refer back to each appendix as you mention it? Or because they have gone through it preheating can I just say as you saw in the head teachers report...

I feel I am either repeating myself on everything I submitted or being brief and then not able to refer to evidence. As everything in my letter was backed up my evidence there wasn't anything else..

Thank you and hope that makes sense
Sally-Anne

Re: Length of presentation

Post by Sally-Anne »

The panel will have read your evidence thoroughly. All you need to do is present a summary - 5 minutes at the most, if possible - of the key points.
AppealsOverload

Post by AppealsOverload »

Thank you that's very helpful. I will just do my summary and mention as was seen within the appendices (I have 17 - maybe this is normal amount but seems so much.) It will be a lot more condensed and that will then take prob around the 5 min mark. 2 of my evidence are referred to throughout my letter so I didn't want to have to keep saying the appendix and them to find it...flicking back and forth.

Sorry another question. As I poured everything into the appeal letter with evidence - although I am sunmarising the key points. I have nothing new to add to my appeal from the letter so it's a recap. Will they not think well we know this from your original letter. I'm not giving them anything they don't already have at the hearing except a chance to ask questions. Thanks again
Olliesmum

Post by Olliesmum »

Hi, at our appeal last week I prepared a written summary of our evidence - which was slightly different from the letter "Supporting our Application" - which they had in front of them. To be honest, I think they only want to hear a very brief summary at this point. Just make sure you address any points made by the representative from the school! (Have a counter argument ready for everything!)
Sally-Anne - I have sent you a PM, any advice?