appeal '120

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gurji

appeal '120

Post by gurji »

thank you for advice his other marks were 118, 120 he has attained level 5s in .i am completlyall subjects . Headteacher is very supported and given a glowing summery. Iam bit worried about using medical letter from his doctor .Oh any advice on weather to use single parent or not . pleasehelp how i should present my son's caseas his twim brother scored 127 ,118 could also use twins can't be separated help
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Concentrate on the academic - if the doctor's letter gives reasons why performance may not indicate his ability then do use it.

Single parent and twin are not relevant at selection appeal - unless there was upset close to the exam and you would need evidence.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Gurji

I'm glad to hear that his other score was 118, as that is still a very near miss. The strong report from the Head will help your case a great deal.

If you don't feel comfortable using the doctor's letter, then don't! If the migraines could really have affected his performance on the days of the two tests, then say so, but otherwise the medical information will not really be relevant.

Being a single parent or him being a twin aren't really important at this type of appeal, but I would mention them anyway.

At the beginning of the Appeal say that you are a single parent and that is why you are on your own. It will just stop the panel wondering where Dad is and asking any awkward questions.

As your son's result is so close to the pass mark I suggest that you mention (very briefly) that his twin brother passed. It might just help tip the balance - panel members are human beings after all!

Good luck
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now