Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:45 am 

Hi,

DS passed the kent test mark but missed the maths by 8 points - He's been in the top set for maths all his school years, and normally been given work for the year ahead. In his recent September SAT test he passed with the grade that is apparently shows he's already on the level he should be at the end of year 6, (not bad, considering he is summer baby).

He’s passed the Medway Kent 11+ and did well in Maths, but I'd rather he went to a school on our door step.

His head didn’t appeal his 11+ result, as last year he only did it for two pupils, (there’s an attached comp, so they don’t really gear up the kids towards the 11+). His PA told me this am he only did it for two pupils this year, for last year I found out via the freedom of information act website that it was also two.

Any advice for the appeal? Really disappointed with the head for at least not considering an appeal for him, just seems like he's in a habit of only doing it for two kids, regardless of academic record.

Thanks for all info, support and advice, as you can imagine it's a bit of a depressing time, considering maths is by far his strongest subject.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 pm 

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Don't worry - I think appeal panels in Kent are likely to be familiar with all the inconsistencies in the headteacher assessment process.

Quote:
Any advice for the appeal?
You can't appeal before March, so for the time being just do plenty of reading.
Start here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35032

Once you've finished reading, if you have unanswered questions, do please let us know.