Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:04 pm 

Got the Kent results yesterday, my child scored highest marks in English, scored 123 in Maths out of highest 141 marks. But she scored 2marks less in reasoning than the qualifying marks required.

I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher, head teacher does not seem to be interested.

Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ? What is the best way forward?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 pm 

Welcome to Appeals! :)

elevenmom wrote:
I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher ......
To refer the score?

Quote:
Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ?
What required information?

Sorry, it's not clear what you're asking. Could you quote the exact wording of what you've been told - then we can try and help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 am 

elevenmom wrote:
Got the Kent results yesterday, my child scored highest marks in English, scored 123 in Maths out of highest 141 marks. But she scored 2marks less in reasoning than the qualifying marks required.

I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher, head teacher does not seem to be interested.

Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ? What is the best way forward?

Head Teacher reviews happen before you get the results. If they chose not to put your DC forward for a review then that opportunity has now passed. You need to find out if he did put them for a review and the panel (this won't be attached to the school) rejected your DC or if he did not put your DC forward. You can then put the grammar on your CAF but know you won't get a place and will need to appeal. You need to see if the head will support your appeal but you can do it without if they are not helpful.