Selection Review Preparation. Bucks 11 +

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Selection Review Preparation. Bucks 11 +

Post by Etienne »

Kash72 wrote:We have no extenuating circumstances other than her older sibling is already at GS and there was an element of pressure to perform well
I usually find myself cautioning people not to exaggerate, but in this instance I think "an element of pressure" sounds too lukewarm!
At the very least I would suggest something along the lines "Her older sibling is at the XYZ grammar school, and she has felt under pressure to match his achievement."
HT has mentioned that dd is learning a foreign language outside of school,
Good!
should I include a copy of her year 5 report alongside academic achievement certificates?
Only if it supports/strengthens your case (e.g. working well-above average).
I have not prepared my statement yet but will be keeping it very factual and to the point.
Good!
Etienne
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Thank you Etienne yet again for the wonderful support would be lost without this site!!! :)
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Hi again

What do you think our chances are with the HTs recommendations and dds estimated KS2 results? I am still remaining cautious!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Is the Primary school in Bucks? You talk abut registering for the practice test ...

It's just that Bucks schools have to give HT recommendation before the results come out so your Head won't have given them at that stage.

In the past what % level 5+ did the school get?
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

No Guest, i am asking about the SRP, I now have me Hr form and Ks2 levels wanted some feedback on how it looks.

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you answer my questions it will help us assess how strong the review paperwork looks. A HT recommendation after the results is not as much help.
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Hi Guest

If you look back at my previous post the HT recc is there aling with KS2 levels. Primary school is in MK so HT wouldnt have made previous recc. Also the HT has only been in place a year and this is the first time he has done SR sheets for this school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I could see the HT recommendation but it is after results so won't be as strong as someone in Bucks who has other students to be compared with.

How high achieving is the school? What % level 5+ did it get in 2015 and what were the average scores this year? The panel will have this data to check against the data.

Can you also check what the HT has written for Year 5 as you have posted two different things.

You can never be sure what the panel will think - has the Head written anything in support?

On the data we can see it looks reasonable. I assume you will name a local school in case the review is not successful?
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Hi

Ok I have checked the level 5+ data for 2015 and 38% acheived 5+ in English compared to 53% Nationally, Reading 55% acheived 5+ compared to 50 percent nationally and in Maths 31 per cent 5+ compared to 42% nationally.

I have been told by the HT that due to the curriculum changes nationally only 53% achieved the expected standard compared to 84% nationally under the old system.

The HT has written dds SR Sheet as:

KS1 Reading 3c Writing 2A Maths 3C

End yr3 GDS

End Yr4 GDS

End Yr5 GDS

KS2 Predictions Reading EXS 111-120 Writing GDS 111-120 Maths EXS 111-120

The HT has has given a 2:1 for recommendation and has written a strong supportive statement outlining her attitude to work, determination and so forth.

Yes I have also listed a local school as one of the preferences.

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Previously you had:
"End of yr 5 Reading Secure Writing Secure Maths Secure"

This is different to what you have written above - the school's results are on the low side so may cast doubt on the predictions. They will know the school's data for this year.

All you can do is hope ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now