Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Appeal (Kent)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 am 

It's been heartbreaking the last few days seeing dd2 so upset. She's the one that everyone assumed would be ok and are quite shocked that she wasn't.

Our head teacher and class teacher are both away for the next few days so I have no idea yet if they will support an appeal, but I think we will have to carry on regardless with or without their support but hopefully with. I have to admit the whole process scares me lol.

I have one quick question with regards to CAF .. Do I put GS first or 2nd? I have always thought for non qualification I was to put it 2nd to make sure we get our 2nd choice as first.

Thanks,
Crackerjax :)

Last edited by Crackerjax on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:43 am 

This is the link to the advice on completing CAFs http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schools/school-application-form-caf but "The golden rule for completing the CAF is that you should always put the schools in your real order of preference."

Hope you find all the advice you need on this forum :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:47 am 

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Start here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35032
Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.

Quote:
"The golden rule for completing the CAF is that you should always put the schools in your real order of preference."
We cannot stress this too strongly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:12 am 

thank you :)

I have been reading and reading and a mum of one of dd1's friends has offered to help as she has been through the process 3 years ago.

DD has a trip with school this week so I'm hoping that will take her mind off everything

Post subject: Re: Appeal (Kent)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 pm 

Hi,
Had a meeting today with ht and dd's class teacher who both admitted they were shocked by her results and will both fully support our appeal .. phew
dd recently had tests and while her teacher wouldn't reveal results, she said dd was where she expected her to be by the end of the year. for now, she just needs to continue to show progress.
I asked if there was feedback from ht appeal, was told they just see who was assessed suitable gs or hs. But ht did say that they review so much evidence and have very little time to do so etc.
I did ask what evidence I would need to produce .. as far as they are concerned the panel are just interested in academic ability so no need for school reports going back to year dot.
So I have come away feeling somewhat relieved that I will at least have their support :)