Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:56 pm 

Hi my daughters score was 198 but she had already told me that she was out of sync on a section of questions that had 32 questions in it. I was hoping it was near the end but now it looks like it was near the beginning. Her non-verbal reasoning seems really low at 84.92 so I think this maybe the section (102 for Numeracy and 105 for VR).

I educate her at home so we have no headmaster to help with an appeal so really hoping someone on here can advise how, what, why, when etc.

Our dream was for Shottery (Stratford Girls School) and she needs at least 220 to get in there.

Can someone please advise me what I should do next as never done this before.

Thanks very much

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:03 pm 

Hi Googley

Sorry to here your DD didn't do as well as you had hoped in her 11+. Details of the WCC appeals process can be found here - http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/schoolappeals - but you won't be able to do anything until March after national offers day.

For now, complete your CAF putting Shottery first so that you can be turned down in March and then be able to appeal that decision. In the meantime, collect as much evidence as you can proving your DD's academic ability to support your appeal. A word of caution though, appeals for the Stratford grammars are very rarely upheld I'm afraid.

Best of luck,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:10 pm 

+1 with JD. Have a very good look at the appeals thread on here - there is loads of starting advice - key thing being that you must have excellent proof of academic ability - you will not win an appeal on extenuating circumstances without academic evidence so spend your time collecting information for that as, until you have been rejected by Shottery in March, you cannot start the appeals process. As JD says, appeals are rarely upheld and your score will not put you on the waiting list for Shottery. You need to be very realistic about your back up options too - what is your rank score for Southern girls? This will enable us to see if Alcester Grammar School might be a possibility - and start bigging up her catchment state school too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:07 pm 

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Very good advice above.

For general guidance, start here:

Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.

Never go into an appeal expecting to win ........