Order of schools on CAF

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
timetomove

Order of schools on CAF

Post by timetomove »

good morning

im after a bit of advice please as 2 LA are giving me diff information! My son was not deemed selective for Kent as he only got 103 on maths (scored extremely high on other 2 so poor thing was gutted as maths strongest subject at school) Head didnt do an appeal as felt it was too many marks out to justify an appeal !
We are considering putting Wilmington on our list and appealing , however my main worry is , that we really want our 1st choice non grammar if the appeal is unsuccesful .
If iput Wilmington first , he will then get rejected and we appeal ,. does that infact make us miss the boat for the non grammar 1st choice as it will be donw as our 2nd comapred to heaps of other kids first choice ???

or do i put the non grammar first ? buit then will they not send the application to the grammar as it wasnt first choice ! im very confused ..can anyone assist at all please :) thank you
hermanmunster

Re: ORDER OF SCHOOLS ON CAF !

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi timetomove

Put the GS first and then the non selective second - they need to be the order you prefer. If the GS is unsuccessful on March 1st then it will be ignored and the second place school will become the first place
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Put the GS first and the local school second. When the first doesn't offer a place then the first choice 'drops' out and the second becomes your first choice - schools don't know where you put them on the CAF.

Your LA Secondary admission booklet should explain the equal preference system.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

All good advice...and just to add, the reason you put the GS first is so that they can officially reject you, so that you can then appeal to them. Your second choice becomes your 1st choice at the point of rejection due to the equal preference system. Assumedly you meet all the criteria for the non GS (eg in catchment, not oversubscribed etc)? If not, make sure you have a definite school listed somewhere on your CAF.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now