Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Russell

I am so very glad to hear from you as well. :D

Thank you for your kind words.

From what Caroline has said you were a great asset in your daughter's Appeal, and I am so glad that you and Caroline were able to work together so effectively for your daughter. Regardless of your personal differences, you have presented a very strong case between you.

I have my fingers even more tightly crossed than before.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Sally-Anne wrote:From what Caroline has said you were a great asset in your daughter's Appeal, and I am so glad that you and Caroline were able to work together so effectively for your daughter. Regardless of your personal differences, you have presented a very strong case between you.
I was going to say the same thing. It also sounds all round like a textbook appeal - they way they should be conducted.

Sometimes a parent turns up on their own to the appeal and uses a separation as a reason the child didn't pass. I'm sure that's quite true in some cases, but when the parent spends 20 mins slagging off their ex it makes me wonder if they're not presenting a somewhat biased picture. It feels like it could have been a case of "No, I don't want you turning up to the appeal and ruining childs chances, after all, you've ruined everything else, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT". We have to try & see through this animosity and work out how much it affected the child. Honestly, I feel like a marriage guidance councillor at times! :wink:
Capers
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Just to let you know, my daughters appeal was successful, I am so pleased and relieved it is all over.

Thanks for all the support and good luck wishes on here and especially to Etienne and Sally-Anne whom provided me with the right info to get this result, I could not have done it without this support. I am going to have a large glass of wine later and hug my daughter.

My best wishes and good luck go out to all those still waiting for a decision and an appeal.

Thanks

Caroline
Caz34red
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Wonderful news, Caroline.

Pour one for me. :D
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Caroline, I am absolutely delighted to hear the news.

Well done to you and to Russell as well.

Mine is an ABC (Anything but Chardonnay), please. :D
sharone

Post by sharone »

Hi Caroline

Congratulations, and well done!

Hope we have some good news to share soon, but regardless, sharing your experiences has given us an idea of what to expect, for which we are extremely grateful.

Shame I'm still at work, the wine will have to wait till later
Sharon
in Turmoil

Good News

Post by in Turmoil »

May I add my congratulations on your good news.

Thanks so much for your detailed account of your hearing it helped me prepare for ours yesterday.

Have a lovely weekend celebrating with your daughter.

In Turmoil :lol:
In Turmoil
mummmm

Post by mummmm »

Well done. What a great way to start the weekend!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Congratulations!! Perhaps you would like to come to REHAB where we always drink Bolly darling! xx
:mrgreen:

Fingers crossed for all those still waiting to hear.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done! Big hugs all round ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now