Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Post by chad »

Excellent news.... Congratulations. :D
mummalea01

Caroline's good news

Post by mummalea01 »

Dear Caroline, cannot quite believe we are in the same club. At 2pm today my husband called me at work to tell me he'd opened the letter from County and our daughter had passed. Cannot stop reading said letter. Cannot believe what we felt was true would be understood by anyone else...thank God for appeals, please God don't make us go through anything like that again.WELL DONE CAROLINE :lol:
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi Caroline,

Congratulations on your news!

How did your daughter react to the news? (silly question.. :roll:)

Enjoy your weekend..

Congrats again..

AM
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Mummalea01,

Congratulations to you also! Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier.

I agree with your sentiments entirely!

What a wonderful feeling it is..
But it brings home the reality of the highest points of the 11+ and the lowest points of it too.
It truly is a roller coaster of emotions and not a ride I would ever like to take again.

Well done to you!

AM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations mummalea01!
mummalea01 wrote:We have consulted an 'expert' for our daughter's 11+ appeal tomorrow. We needed advice from someone who knew the system (more than her own headteacher as it turns out!) and support from a third party as to how relevant or lame our evidence chest is. He gave us a realistic view of our chances (slim to nil would be kind, actually) which has put a whole new perspective on things.

I'm not sure that you have ever told us the details of your daughter's case, so I would be very interested to see a brief outline of what the "expert" thought was a chance of "slim to nil", just so that I can learn more about what these folk do. (Don't worry everyone, I'm not about to turn professional! :D ) If you prefer to PM me, then feel free, but the information would be a very useful addition to the Forum as we have seen very few cases that were prepared by an "expert" (paid variety!).

So, we now have a scoreline of:

Expert Appeals Advisor: 1 ... Elevenplusexams: 1

I would like to think that we will score a hat-trick at least, and I would hope that a double hat-trick might be on the cards by the end of the season. :D

I'm glad that it was money well spent for you anyway!

Sally-Anne
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Woo hoo!! More good news. Superb news mummalea01!!
:mrgreen:
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Appeal Mum,

Sorry it has taken me all weekend to respond!! My daughter met the response with a squeal of delight along with her friends!! She was so despondent not passing, especially as she knew she was capable of doing it, I am still in the mind that whever she went she would have succedeed but I am pleased the appeal was successful.

Caz
Caz34red
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Glad to hear it!!

You will find yourself smiling for along time yet!

Take care..

AM
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Don't I know it, still grinning now!!

Thanks for your message.

Caz
Caz34red
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now