Any results from Slough / Langley Appeals?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Thanx for the reasurance,did make the tears roll though!
We'll all have to just keep hanging on in there?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Thanyou langleymum for letting us know how the process worked for your case. I have my fingers crossed for you. :D
But
Have to agree with wraysburymum, from previous years Langley have gone down to 115, so the LG option will hopefully still be there as well. :D
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi to everyone again.
I thought I'd better let you know,that further to my previous post regarding our Slough Grammar Appeal I did get the Clerk mixed up with the Chair!
It was the Chairman of the Panel who was "firing" the questions!
Oops!
Will definately post again around allocation time and when our appeal is decision received.
Still not sure how SG can decide how many appeals they decide to suceed because although over subscibed it will be quite a while until they know how many of the places they offer get accepted?
wraysburymum

Slough Appeals

Post by wraysburymum »

A little birdie told me that Slough's last appeals were pushed forward and ended this Wednesday (had been scheduled into next week). Last appealers were lead to believe that results/outcomes would be received this week.
So anyone had any news, or are we likely to hear on 3rd with everyone else?
wraysburymum
skh

Post by skh »

Hi there,

Still waiting anxiously! We attended Slough and Langely appeals early February - haven't heard anything back. At the appeal, it was very unclear when we would get the results.

Oh well - if it is the 3rd, it's my birthday so hopefully, it will make a nice present.

Will post results as soon as we know!

Regards,

Sanjay
skh

Definately this week!

Post by skh »

Appeal results will be sent this week for sure! They didn't say when but 'this week'.

I'm so nervous - just checked online and my daughter has been allocated the school we put down as our number 5 choice! I really don't want her to go to that school... :cry:

Regards,

Sanjay
skh

DID IT...

Post by skh »

Well... just got Slough Appeal results and my daughter has won a place! It's still sinking in and the tears are still flowing. Thanks to all / this forum for the support and advice!

Regards,

Sanjay
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations Sanjay......well done to you both......

Can you tell us any info ref the appeal. Do you just have to accept the place and notify your Lea?
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
skh

Post by skh »

Chad,

I'm not entirely certain yet! I'll try and chat with the LEA tomorrow. We have to officially 'accept' the offer from Slough. The LEA have sent us a slip saying we accept / decline the offer they have made. Slough was higher on our preference list than the school we were actually offered. Don't know if this is relevant.

With regards to the appeal hearing itself, I have described it in part earlier in this thread. It wasn't a pleasant affair but the outcome is obviously favourable.

I'll add some further information once I've spoken with the LEA.

Best Regards,

Sanjay
wraysburymum

Slough Appeal

Post by wraysburymum »

I must be the queen of appeals...

Appealed for Bucks and got it, just opened our letter and got Slough too!
Letter from LEA allocated Bucks place so Slough offer hasn't got to them yet, but we will be accepting Slough and cartwheeling naked down the highstreet to celebrate (suggest everyone keeps indoors for their own safety!)

Best wishes to everyone waiting for news...
wraysburymum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now