woodford appeal - is there any point?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shah

woodford appeal - is there any point?

Post by shah »

my daughter worked very hard in a short space of time, to sit the 11+ unfortunately she did not get in.
her overall score was 205.
not sure what this means except that she is off by 21 marks to be offered a place (maybe).
is there any point appealing?
any help would be appreciated, right now as i cannot think straight

thankyou
shah
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Is there any reason that your daughter didn't do as well as she could have on the day of the exam? Illness, family illness, problems at school or home?
Capers
awsomegr8

Post by awsomegr8 »

hi shah my dd had 224 for redbridge so i will appeal as its only 2 points short so any advice would be much appreciated
NR

NR

Post by NR »

Shah,

My daughter scored 212 for the woodford exam but got offered a place in shsg. Would i need to appeal or is the mark to low?

Thanks
shah

Post by shah »

there were no illness or family probs prior to the exam.
i was involved in an car accident which may have affected her, it certainly affected me tutoring her apart from that i cant say.

this is the first time i've been thru the 11+ and am finding it oretty confusing. the question i would like answered is: is her score too low to appeal? her nVR let her down it was around 46/75, VR 70/90
any help pls?
shah

Post by shah »

forgot to add accident happened end of sept
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear shah

A gap of 21 marks sounds rather a lot, but no one can give you a definite answer because it depends on the strength of your case.

You need (1) evidence of very high ability [Q&As, B11], and (2) convincing extenuating circumstances.

If the school would confirm that your daughter's routine school work was affected following your car crash, that might suffice for point 2 above.

Another consideration is that Redbridge (if it's Redbridge that is responsible) has a below average success rate for appeals. That shouldn't stop you appealing, however, if you have a strong enough case.

Regards
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now