premature children

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
magwich

Post by magwich »

I am trying to help another mother at my child's school to appeal as one of her twins just missed GS place. Does anyone know whether it is worth appealing on the grounds that he was 8 weeks premature? We feel that if his papers were standardised for an august birthdate instead of june that that would probably have been enough to get a place. What would be really good would be finding some actual research to back this up. Thanks very much.
family18

Post by family18 »

with respect to the previous comment i would also be interested in this outcome as my daughter also failed by a small number of points. I have put her on the waiting list but she was also born 91/2 weeks premature. Unfortunately, she is classed as an older child as she was born in october but her birth date should have been the beginning or January. Does anyone know how many points are deducted in accordance with age.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

This was discussed recently:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=5411

Perhaps Guest87 could help?
Etienne
guest87

Post by guest87 »

Hi magwich and family18,

I have sent you both a pm. I really do think it is worth appealling on these grounds. Follow the highlighted thread Etienne has given. I think you will be encouraged by the discussion on it.

Best wishes and good luck to you both.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I agree - I would encourage you to appeal, but it is, of course, down to the panel on the day.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now