Can anyone help us?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lgasks

Post by lgasks »

Hi Bougalou

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I hope things go well for you and your family. At least you can put this behind you and get on with the rest of your life.

All the best

LGASKS
Moscow

Post by Moscow »

Hi Bougalou.

Sorry to hear your news. We too do not hold out much hope for our appeals but at least you tried and I am sure your DD will do well wherever she goes. She is obviously a bright and talented child. Many Secondary Schools stream and also make good provision for Gifted and Talented students so that all are catered for.

I wish you all the best
Moscow
SHELBELLE

Post by SHELBELLE »

Bougalou wrote:Just an update, - both appeals to Gs and comprehensive were unsuccessful.
:cry:
Thanks for all the support, anyway
bouga
Hi Bougalou

I know this is not an immediate solution, but have you checked if the GS offer the option of entry later in year 7 or even Year 8?

My daughter is at a comp where I have been having some issues with her not being challenged and I acidentally found out that our local GS allows children to sit their own produced entrance tests almost every term. although they stipulate that if you have failed the 11+ you are unable to take the schools entrance test until year 8.

My daughter sat the entrance test this Tuesday and we will have a reply next week.

Just an avenue that may be worth investigating.

Good Luck

Shell Belle
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Yes there is the option of doing this, however, the school is oversubscribed, and there is usually no movement in the year because places are so valuable in our area ( only alternative a secondary modern which has only just got out of special measures). So even if she passed the test for Y8 there would be no place, and we would have to appeal again, and are unlikely to get in.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway
bougalou
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Bougalou,

Don't give up hope of late entry. My daughter attends a heavily oversubscribed school in Wirral and has had four girls enter her form alone since year 7, she's in year 8 now. One girl emigrated one left for boarding school, not sure about the other two. If this has happened in every form then it makes for quite a lot of movement.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Scatshouse.
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

My son's school is also heavily oversubscribed but there have been a few children that have left for various reasons. If your daughter passed the test in Yr 8 you could at least ask for her to join the waiting list...you never know! Don't give up hope.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now