Advice re: questions for appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
silversurfer

Advice re: questions for appeal

Post by silversurfer »

Could anyone give me some advice regarding the sort of questions to ask at the appeal hearing. I have no headteacher support. Should I just read my statement or should I prepare further questions?
lottie

Post by lottie »

hi silversurfer

Really you should be preparing yourself for answering questions which the appeal panel may ask you.

You can ask the appeal panel questions (bear in mind they are not there to answer questions about the school you are appealing for), but don't forget your main objective is to presnt your 'reasons' for appeal and then to answer their questions.

You have the opportunity to ask the LEA representative/head teacher (who attends depends on the typr of school you are appealling to) questions, but if you read Etiennes Q&A on appeals, she suggests that you don't ask too many questions if any.

Etiennes section is well worth a thorough read.

Best of Luck
Lottie
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Hi Silversurfer,
Are you appealing on the grounds of unsuitability or oversubcription, or both?
Even if the school is not supporting you, you should be able to obtain statistics from them on your child's performance at school, - Year end levels, Standardised scores, reading ages etc, which might help. These should be easy for the primary school to print off. You would need to enclose any evidence used in your initial appeal letter, but if it arises after then, you can send it off later, but obviously with enough time for the panel to look at it before the appeal.
When is your appeal being heard?
All the best
Bougalou
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear silversurfer

See Q&As B9 regarding questions to the Authority.

There are a number of references to presentation in the Q&As - suggest you use your browser to run a search.

Good luck
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now