Appeal Documents

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sem

Appeal Documents

Post by sem »

I have submitted my appeal form and all supporting evidence to Shire Hall today and was just wondering if the school I am appealing for will get copies either before or after the appeal hearing? Also will my child's present Primary school get copies also?

It is an LEA appeal for non-qualification by the way ( Gloucestershire)

Many thanks.
SEM
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If it's entirely an LA matter (the LA organised the 11+, the LA will be presenting the case against you, it's an LA grammar school), and if the only issue is non-qualification, I would not expect your appeal to be copied to any other school, although it's possible the primary school might be asked for a report.

If Capers sees this, perhaps he would confirm what happens in Glos?
Etienne
capers123

Re: Appeal Documents

Post by capers123 »

sem wrote:I have submitted my appeal form and all supporting evidence to Shire Hall today and was just wondering if the school I am appealing for will get copies either before or after the appeal hearing? Also will my child's present Primary school get copies also?
Hi,

I can only speak for 'my' panel. The school you're appealing to will get a copy, assuming that they're going to be at the appeal as 'the opposition'.

Your primary school will not get a copy of your form or evidence. Our clerk sends out a note to each primary school saying that you're appealing and enclosing a short form for them to fill in giving SATS predictions, asking for an assessment of the childs ability in differing subjects and with a space for comments. At some primary schools, this is handed down to the form teacher to fill in. At others it's filled in by the head. And some schools put it in the bin, as they are not required to return it and may disapprove of the 11+. We don't treat the non-return of the form either for or against your case, as it's down to the bias of the primary school.
Capers
sem

Post by sem »

Hi Capers123

I enclosed letters from my DD's form teacher, Head teacher and Literacy/Numeracy teacher plus SATs predictions, and CATS scores. Will they still send out forms or will this suffice?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

sem wrote:I enclosed letters from my DD's form teacher, Head teacher and Literacy/Numeracy teacher plus SATs predictions, and CATS scores. Will they still send out forms or will this suffice?
Our clerk would still send them out, otherwise he/she could be accused of bias - far better for them to be sent to every appellants school than for just some - that way lies human error - they might forget to send it to the correct person!

But as I say, that's for 'my' school. The one you're appealing to may be different. But it sounds as if you've got all the correct info anyway. Send me a PM to let me know which school you're appealing for.
Capers