Headteachers appeal failed - what chance now!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

So sorry Heronsfly, hope the outcome of the next one is better.
Don't give up hope,
bougalou
Moscow

Post by Moscow »

Hi Heronsfly, no good news here I'm afraid. Got a lovely letter this morning. Good appeal but not successful etc etc. Again expected it really as we know BC is oversubscribed. Had our last appeal today for a Thanet GS that has spaces. Recently had an excellent OFSTED and although out of area does have pupils from Herne Bay. Lovely Head really supportive but have come to expect the worst.

Am fairly objective now and feel if this fails then it wasn'nt meant to be and DS will do well at local secondary which is OK. Wonder io it is the same as yours? Good luck with your final appeal. Between us we should get one success! :lol:
Moscow
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Hi moscow,
was hoping you would be the one with good news,so sorry.
One of my sons went to CH in Ramsgate really good school,dont know why I did not look the girls school over there really,much better journey, but its nearly over now and we can look forward.
We have a place for her at a faith school in westgate,and its really lovely so im sure she,and your ds will both do fine,hopefully you will win the appeal you had today :D
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

keeping all bits crossed for Moscow :wink:
Moscow

Post by Moscow »

Cheers guys and well done to you Bougalou. Should find out next week and then at least i will know what school unform to buy! Lets hope we have some good news for a change Heronsfly. :P
Moscow
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Sorry to hear you weren't successful Moscow. Hope you have better luck with this one. I'll be looking out for your's and Heronsfly's news next week.

I'm glad that you both have school places that you seem reasonably happy with - we also did, but in the end it was the uncertainty that was driving me mad.

Everything crossed for both of you. :)