Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

More great news - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

ep mum wrote:We got a place. 17 appeals successful out of 39 heard. Thanks for support. Hurrah!
Well done to one and all.

Now just how DID you dress?
Capers
toony

Post by toony »

Congratulations!

Wow that was a lot of appeals they let through - have they done that in the past?
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

toony wrote: Wow that was a lot of appeals they let through - have they done that in the past?
They generally let 10 through as the school state that they can take this many extra. 17 was a real surprise and I can't imagine that the school will be too happy about the numbers.
ep mum

Post by ep mum »

Maybe with 17 above the PAN, could we be looking at an extra class this year. After all, it is a peak year for admissions and the school role should drop from this point. Otherwise they are looking at two classes with 32 children and three with 31. Historically they dont go above 150 pupils in year 7. I look foreward to meeting Sams mum at parents evening, probably wont cycle there though! Strangely, saw another parent waiting before the appeal, positive we recognised each other but was too focused on performance to speak. Anyway, hope you got through.
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

ep mum

Look forward to meeting you too.

Don't think they'll have an extra class, but you never know. DS is at Judd and they have 31 or 32 in a class due to successful appeals - bit of a squash but they seem to manage.

However, MGS did have an extra class a couple of years ago due to large number of appeals and then took extra from waiting list to make up the numbers. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I dare say, like us, you're just delighted to have a place!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now