Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions from the panel
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm 

Had my daughter's GS appeal this week and it seemed to go quite well although I think it is impossible to judge. The other people I met all seemed to have good cases too. I was surprised however by some of the questions asked by the panel. I was asked whether I had other children and which schools they were at. The panel noted these down. What would be the purpose of this? Incidentally I have 3 older boys (2 GS). I was also asked what schools were put on the CAF and which school she had been offered. I'm not very good at lying so I was completely honest with the panel but now I'm worrying that the fact that she has been offered (eventually off the waiting list) a place at a good, local high school will prejudice her case. The people before me were struggling with being given a school which was virtually impossible for their daughter to get to using public transport and also has a very poor reputation. This was the school my daughter was originally allocated. Would all this be taken into consideration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:38 pm 

Quote:
What would be the purpose of this?

I imagine they were just trying to understand your family circumstances. It's perhaps of more relevance for primary appeals - the problems you might have in getting different children to schools that are far apart.

Quote:
I was also asked what schools were put on the CAF and which school she had been offered. I'm not very good at lying so I was completely honest with the panel

I think you were right to be honest, but it's best to go on to say why the school being appealed for is a much better match for your child.