WGSB - Mr Post

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watdad

WGSB - Mr Post

Post by watdad »

Had our second appeal today WGSB and I have to say the Head, Mr Post, is a top top bloke. He sat with us in the waiting area and we had an open conversation about the stress of the whole process. He even told us about his own, unsuccessful, appeal.

He made us feel at ease and totally relaxed, when delivering his prejudice he even said he would accommodate any child the panel felt right to admit and did not true to argue too many Kids etc.

I asked how many appeals he had had, he said that this year was a record low. Which did surprise me, although he followed up to say that the appeal this year were a much higher standard than in previous years and there was not (to date, appeals run to next Tuesday) as many time wasters with little or no chance of success.

Anybody else appealing to WGSB?
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

What is WGSB?

Good luck.
toony

Post by toony »

Watford Grammar School for Boys

Good luck with it Watdad.

Did they say how long you would have to wait to hear?

I heard from reliable sources that there were over 60 appeals heard for Parmiters.
watdad

Post by watdad »

They implied 10 to 14 days so before Parmiters..

Over 60! Wow thats not consistent with that WGSB are saying, historically they have about the same number

Good luck to you too Toony this waiting is worse than the appeal!
lgasks

Post by lgasks »

watdad wrote: Good luck to you too Toony this waiting is worse than the appeal!
I agree the waiting is excruciating! Good luck!

regards

lgasks
tense

Post by tense »

I wonder whether the record number of appeals at Parmiter's means the school was (once again) the most oversubscribed in Hertfordshire. That, coupled with the reduction in academic places - meaning 20 families suffering the agony of knowing that last year they would have secured a place - seems to me to make the figure of only 60 appeals not that unreasonable; perhaps even lower than I thought!

Surprised WGSB has less appeals this year though.

T.
WatfordMum

Post by WatfordMum »

We just had our appeal hearing for WGSB and totally agree, Mr Post is a very nice man, a very very nice man! He was so supportive and friendly and also shared with us that he knows exactly how we feel, but unfortunately he failed. The whole panel were lovely people and made the whole thing very comfortable. Mr Post came to congratulate us on the way we presented our appeal and was very positive.
The appeals hearings finish on Tuesday and they will let us know in writing about a fortnight later.

Lets wait and see!
watdad

Post by watdad »

Good luck WatfordMum. What school did you get?

Tense, I think to get comparative number you need to look at WGSB & WGSG as Parmiters is a mixed school.
toony

appeal numbers

Post by toony »

Well Parmiter's had slightly less applications this year - the figure was about 1100 compared to over 1200 last year but of course it may have still been the most oversubscribed.
tense

Post by tense »

watdad wrote:Tense, I think to get comparative number you need to look at WGSB & WGSG as Parmiters is a mixed school.
True, the figures don't really mean that much. I'm sure plenty of people put both Parmiter's and a grammar anyway. Or that the number only opting for a single sex or mixed cancel school each other out....

Still, however you look at it, it's still very hard to get in. :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now