WGSB - Mr Post

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Hi All, can anyone tell me how the appeal results affect the waiting lists? I'm sure I read somewhere that schools hold onto a certain number of places for appeals and I was wondering if not all appeals are successful do they fill them up with those on the waiting lists?

(Hope I've posted in the right place) Great site, only wish I found it earlier! Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm afraid this is not true in Bucks. Schools are filled from the waiting list until appeals are heard - you may get an answer if you post in the area specific sections.
WP

Post by WP »

Red Dog wrote:Hi All, can anyone tell me how the appeal results affect the waiting lists? I'm sure I read somewhere that schools hold onto a certain number of places for appeals and I was wondering if not all appeals are successful do they fill them up with those on the waiting lists?
This is forbidden by paragraph 3.27 of the new Admissions Code:
As soon as school places become vacant, admission authorities must fill these vacancies from any waiting list, even if this is before admission appeals have been heard.
watdad

Post by watdad »

They are filled from the CI until the appeals are heard they then go over PAN and do not take from the list until they fall below it again, or so I believe.
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Thanks WP. Basically trying to find out if the waiting lists grinds to a hault once appeals are over. After reading through the threads, it seems schools can go over their admission number with successful appeals, so if other pupils withdraw their place, are the schools going to replace from the waiting lists?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think the numbers will have to fall below PAN before any are taken from the waiting list -
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Thanks Watdad, you've just answerd my question.

I thought that was the case.
tense

Post by tense »

Just wondered if people are still waiting for appeal results in SW Herts?

T.
toony

Post by toony »

Yes still waiting for Parmiter's result.
watdad

Post by watdad »

due out this week fingers crossed
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now