Nerves are starting to set in...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

So have you found anything yet e.g. CAT scores to show that she is in the top 25% of the general population for maths and the 11+ test must have been a blip?

You say in your OP that you were surprised with the reason for the HT appeal failing, so you must have some gut feel that she is better at maths than the 11+ score shows. What is your gut feel based on?

Was it multiple choice that your daughter sat? In which case looking at which answers she completed doesn't tell you much as wouldn't she just have guessed the ones she didn't have time for?

Good luck.
itsme:)

Post by itsme:) »

I asked her teacher for the CAT scores and the reply came back that they don't/didn't do them???

What I do know however that in her year she ranks 2nd out of 44 in all subjects, the child above her is the only one that passed the 11+ at the school this year. Sad to say that the schools history is that they only get 1 or 0 passing each year.

I didn't get to see the actual completed paper, work commitments only allowed me to get the info about the amount answered over the phone.

Oh well, the appeal is tomorrow so we will just have to see if I manage to put the case over well enough.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Good luck, I'll be thinking about you
Bougalou
itsme:)

Post by itsme:) »

Well that was a bit nerve-racking but surprisingly pleasant and if I read the language and gestures of all including the Schools representative right, then I am very hopeful.

so now the 2 week wait begins...