WHAT FURTHER EVIDENCE CAN I USE - HELP!!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Just came back from my second appeal this week!!

What a difference a panel can make!!.

My appeal for the local academy on tuesday was absolutely awful. Treated as if i was some kind of criminal as the school rep was very head strong and had an answer to everything, came out totally deflated and feeling that what ever i said would not have been good enough to win against her, the panel were sympathetic but as this was the last day of appeals they looked like they had said it and heard it all before and wanted to be somewhere else!!

Today i had an appeal for local the grammar, and came out very, very happy - was treated in a fair relaxed way and was able to get my point across without being made to feel uncomfortable or that i was being judged as a person. The school rep was a real gent and all three panel members very, very nice, and although I know that I have a slim chance of getting offered a place, I feel that they listened well to all my points and made me feel at ease at all times, and the fact that i came out smiling instead of crying (all the way home in the car after my two previous appeals!), made the experience a whole lot less stressful.

I have also been offered a place at another girls local comp, that wasnt on my CAF form, and although this would not have been an option before the 11+, it is an OK school with a gifted and talent stream, and at least my DD can now say where she is going in september, if today and tuesday fail, and depending on progress in Year 7 will be looking at taking 12+ for Year 8.

Much happier at ours today!!

Will keep you posted on the results.
watmum

Post by watmum »

fingers crossed for you and your family mumsy..
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

After two unsuccessful appeals, tears, tantrums, and a black cloud since the 3rd March, we have today received the letter that we thought we would never get -

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS -

our DD's appeal at Dartford Grammar School for Girls was upheld!!!

Words cannot describe how we feel right now, we are all delighted, expecially our DD.

The first two appeals were dreadful, but I did feel that my final appeal went well, but was not holding my breath, so when the post came today I actually said out loud "another rejection letter"!! SO tears once more, but this time for a good reason.

I am truly sad for anyone who didnt win their appeals, but this just proves IT IS POSSIBLE, and even when you feel like giving up (which I have on several occasions), you must fight for what you think is right.

Thanks to everyones wonderful advice and support on this site, I do not think I would of been as well informed if I had not found you all!!!

Special thanks to my Shell Belle (you know who you are!!X), the little sis who kept me going, and made me carry on when I'd had had enough!!!!

I have one very happy little girl tonight.

mumsy
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee well done Mumsy and family ****
lottie

Post by lottie »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well Done :!:

You can finally, get your life back!!!

I've always thought what the best example of 'Pure Relief' is and now we know - Getting a place at a GOOD school.

All the best to you and your DD.
Lottie :D
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS!!!

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!

Still floating on Cloud 9!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

for you Mumsy !
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Proud mum X2

WOW!!

That is exactly it!!

thank you :D
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Burneth

Post by Burneth »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now