Where to now? Please advise

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lorraine

Where to now? Please advise

Post by Lorraine »

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. My daughter has scored 98 for Herschel and 108 Bucks. My elder two children attended Burnham Grammar (sat 12+ and achieved 10 GCSEs) and Beaconsfield High School (after appeal and achieved 10 GCSE's and 3 A Levels).

In February we lost our business putting enormous strain on entire family. My daughter has outstanding school reports and is a very popular member of her class, described as a delight to teach, monitor, office helper etc. She is quite happy to go to local comp. but I am worried, she is currently in a private school in a class of 19 - will she cope? I am putting on a brave face in front of her and am very proud of what she has achieved - we didn't send her to a tutor but practised at home, personal choice but didn't want to put her under any pressure. I would love some feedback as to what to do next. Thanks, Anxious Mum.
Etienne

Re: Where to now? Please advise

Post by Etienne »

Dear Lorraine

The 11+ scores are not high, so for a successful appeal you would need to prove convincingly that there were mitigating circumstances. I do sympathise with you regarding the loss of the business last February, but if your daughter has been getting excellent school reports, it won't be easy to explain that her school work wasn't affected but the 11+ was.

An appeal panel would also be looking for some hard academic evidence. Does the school do SATs? CATs?

Sorry that I cannot be more positive.
Etienne