Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:19 pm 

Our son moved to secondary school last Sept 08. We live in Abbots Langley and we chose Parmiters, Kings Langley and Marlborough Schools and did not get a place at any of them. We appealed for Parmiters and Kings but were unsucessful. So after a lot of stressing etc I found that Longdean School in Leverstock Green, Hemel had places available. I went to meet the Head and he has been at the school for a relitavely short time (2yrs) but seems to have worked wonders. In the last GCSE exams (2008) this school has leapt from results for 5+ GCSE of 55.9% with 43% inc Maths & English to 70% GCSE and 63% including Maths & English. Our son is very happy there even though it is only 15 mins drive from Abbots he was the only child from his primary school to go there. I just wanted to bring Longdean School to peoples attention as I am very pleased with the School and my son loves it and thriving there. For a virtual tour and exam results go to www.longdeanschool.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:46 pm 

I am pleased your son has settled in so well, and I am fully aware of the torture that is secondary school allocation!

I wondered whether your post is in the best place however, I am sure more mums/dads would see it if it were in the Hertfordshire section, and not with the appeals?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm 

Whoops, "my bad" as the kids would say, I have just seen your post in the Herts section!