Failed appeal and March allocations.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
batty

Failed appeal and March allocations.

Post by batty »

We had a failed appeal this week. We have licked our wounds and are now "onwards and upwards" :D :D
I just wanted to clarify that our daughters allocation will go ahead normally regardless of our appeal attempt, ie; it will have no bearing on which school she is allocated or how that allocation is processed. We have listed an out of catchment as our 1st choice and wanted to check all will be as if we had not appealed and that it will not count against her.
Thank you for any reassurance you can give us!
Batty.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sorry to hear your news and well done for staying so positive!

I don't think you need to worry about the appeal result affecting an out-of-catchment application. Your child will be offered the highest school on the list for which they are qualified and fit the criteria, so if your first choice of school has enough places there shouldn't be a problem - otherwise your application will be assessed against the stated criteria, e.g. distance, siblings etc. The fact that you have gone to appeal for a different school should not come into it at all.

Incidentally, I'm assuming from your post that your appeal was for a grammar school which was not listed as first choice on your CAF. This means that, even if your appeal had succeeded, you would only have been offered a place there if your application to your first-choice school had been unsuccessful.

This is just IMO, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the system will be along to reassure you soon! :)
Marylou
batty

Post by batty »

Thank you Mary Lou,
Yes our appeal was for a grammar school place, so we are now hoping for our first choice upper school. Fingers crossed. What a rollercoaster it all is!!
Batty.
:) :) :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Batty

Sorry to hear that you weren't successful.

Marylou is quite correct - your school allocation is completely unaffected by the Appeal.

Sally-Anne