12+ places

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trio

12+ places

Post by trio »

Hi all
If i wanted my daughter to sit the 12+ for a certain school how could we find out if these schools even have spaces for entry in year 8 onward ?
Sorry this question may have been answered before regarding spaces for this year but cannot find it on forum!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You would have to contact the school and ask.

The LA might know, in the case of LA controlled schools, although its information might not be up-to-date.
Etienne
trio

SPACES

Post by trio »

THANKS ETIENNE A COUPLE OF WEEKS BACK YOU GAVE INFORMATION REGARDING SPACES THAT WERE AVAILABLE IN SOME BUCKS GRAMMER SCHOOLS AFTER THE ALLOCATIONS HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THAT REPLY ANY IDEAS?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

(Please don't use all capital letters, Trio.)

It might have been Sally-Anne's post - I'm afraid I can't claim the credit for it. :D

A school can only tell you what the numbers are now - it cannot make any commitment about what they will be in September.
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Trio I think we can all be fairly sure that some schools will have 12+ places - changing demographics make it hard to predict with certainty.

Historically Burnham Grammar, Chesham High and Sir Henry Floyd have had places. The late entry booklet shows what happened for September 2008 entries.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... =177570625

The places at AHS were due to fewer girls qualifying at 11+ the previous year.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Trio

As soon as we have any numbers for Year 7 in 2009 (thus Year 8, 2010) I will post them on the Bucks section.

We usually get a first indication of spaces from the Allocation Profile on March 2nd, a more detailed update around mid-May, and the final figures in around July.

The numbers of vacant places for the current year 7 are on my 12+ Sticky on Bucks.

Sally-Anne