Appealing to an oversubscribed school.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vonnyh

Post by vonnyh »

Reader wrote:I think that there might be provision for children of Crown servants in some mid-year admissions criteria which should bump him up the list unless there are siblings. It depends on your LEA but I think that you should look at the In Year Fair Access Protocol for your LEA which is a government guideline/requirement and is not just for 'challenging' children and may cover your situation. You need to talk to the Head of Admissions for the LEA and establish a good rapport and not just communicate with the team. Good luck and leave no stone unturned! IMO you have a strong case if you go about it the right way.
Thanks for this advice. I have heard of the Fair Access Protocol, but thoght it applied only to "challenging" children. I'll delve a little deeper into this. Thanks again.
vonnyh

Post by vonnyh »

Just a quick post to thank Reader who suggested going dowm the Fair Access Protocol route. We took this advice and my son has now been offered a place at our preferred school! Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, your advice has been invaluable!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done and thanks for posting what happened.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now