Not a Good Day!!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:Herman, one of our defences will be cholesteatoma, our consultant is more than willing to write to the appeals section (she has it in both ears and has had 5 operations to correct it) she now has a small hearing loss - do we find out about class sizes from each individual school, or can we get it through the LEA office?
Hi Snowdrops
Sounds like the class size bit could be important reckon try the LEA for that also try and get info re the number who were not given RGS and some idea of the maximum distance - we got given the previous years info with the exam results so they should be able to give this years to you. Not sure but think you may have to state that you are still interested in a place ie want to be on the wating list etc???

Herman
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OK - thanks for that Hermy, I shall contact them tomorrow when I can be less emotional!!

I know we have the fall back position, but it's still crushing all the same.

BTW anyone experiencing difficulties with this site over the last day or so? It's taking ages for me to click through to anything and half the time it doesn't display correctly. I've tried using other browsers but it's even worse. I really do not want to lose this site right at this moment in time, for obvious reasons :shock:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Snowdrops

Our programmer is doing what he can, but this site is usually overloaded at the beginning of March ..... :)
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Snowdrops

I am really sorry to hear about the allocations. :cry:
Snowdrops wrote:BTW anyone experiencing difficulties with this site over the last day or so? It's taking ages for me to click through to anything and half the time it doesn't display correctly. I've tried using other browsers but it's even worse. I really do not want to lose this site right at this moment in time, for obvious reasons :shock:
Over lunchtime today there were several thousand people trying to access this site! At one point there were 192 people actually online on the Forum, very nearly beating the previous record - which was actually set by a "spambot" attack.

The level of traffic has been absolutely huge, bigger than anything we could have anticipated, and that has caused the problem. The Programmer is working on getting yet more server space to see us through. It should settle down significantly after today though, and there has definitely been an improvement in the last half hour.

Sally-Anne
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

EPE has obviously become a victim of it's own success!

I've actually recommended the site, especially the Appeals section to one unsuccessful family today (sorry S-A and Etienne).

Still waiting for DD to come home from school before opening envelopes.

Again, commiserations Snowdrops.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My poor darling daughter - the heartbreak is almost too much to bear.

I'm glad I did my crying earlier, trying to be strong for her.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Snowdrops,
Very sorry to hear your news.
Keep strong for your little girl, you may still be lucky at appeal.
With all the wealth of knowledge here, you will get all the help and support that you need.
Good luck, and here's hoping for a positive outcome.
LFH
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Thank you everyone for your messages of support - they mean a lot, they really do!!

Now an update!!

After drying off the tears and lifting our chins we have been busy.

I have contacted the LEA and requested information we need and also asked about the waiting list.

It turns out we are well placed to keep fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes and anything else you can think of crossed, for DD to be allocated a place in September.

But we STILL need to appeal!!

Am now trying to get hold of consultant's secretary - why are they never around when you need them!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Snowdrops

Sounds like some encouragement from the LEA???? Re the consultant's sec. have you got a fax number ?? they often respond to faxed letters .... if you can get near a fax machine to send it of course....

Herman
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It's his private secretary - I think she's only part-time, so will 'phone in the morning. :shock: :)