Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BUCKS APPEALS 2006
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:02 pm 
How quickly after the results day (24th November) do you have to make an appeal. We will be out of the country when the results come and will be back a week later??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:53 pm 

Within 14 days from the issue of the appeal form, according to the official booklet:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get//asse ... ppeals.pdf

This doesn't mean that your appeal has to be rushed. You can always write on the form "details to follow" or "evidence to follow".

The appeal form might even be accepted late if you have a good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:08 pm 
Thanks for replying so prompty. We will actually be on holiday - a holiday which was cancelled in August due to my hubby having an operation. We re-booked it and didn't realise that the results would be out at the same time. I don't think the Appeals Department are ging to see "on holiday" as a sufficient reason for appealing late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:27 pm 

They might be lenient in view of the fact that the holiday was rebooked because of your husband's operation. However, I think the main reason for getting the appeal form in as quickly as possible (even if it is incomplete) is to ensure that you get a hearing between 3rd January and the February half-term.

Anyone who has a successful appeal from the end of February onwards is going to miss the first round of grammar school allocations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:47 pm 
Dear Etienne
Thanks for your advice. I have just read the Appeals booklet on the link you gave earlier and it states that "return all documents within 14 days of the date of issue"....what do they mean by date of issue. Will that be the date of issue of the results (24th November) or the date of issue of the appeals pack. Also, who issues the appeals pack - are they automatically sent to those who don't reach the 121 pass mark. I'm so confused. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 pm 

Dear Guest

It's a good question!

I heard on the "grapevine" that there might be a change of policy this year, as a result of which appeal forms will not be issued automatically with the result letter, but would have to be requested.

I don't know whether the new policy is going ahead, but it seems likely that the 14 days will begin from the date of issue of the appeal form (whenever that is! :o ).

Presumably the wording of the result letter will shed some light!

Regards