How long will we be waiting till the appeal ????

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

essexstardust

How long will we be waiting till the appeal ????

Post by essexstardust »

Hi, just wondering if anybody knows how long it usually takes for the appeals to start, do they start in April or is it more likely to be May and
june, its so awful waiting, this is for a state secondary by the way and not a grammar, we missed out on that one unfortunately!! but finding this site a great source of info on appeals grammar or not! thanks... :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Etienne
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

For a LA where there might be many hundreds of appeals to organise for all its oversubscribed primary and secondary schools, it's no small operation. I suspect most LAs will start with the primary schools, and then move on to the secondary. Or vice-versa.

The timescale has in fact been shortened in the last couple of years. Appeals used to be going on in August, and even the day before the autumn term started - so count your blessings! :roll:

In the case of own-admission authority schools, with their own appeals panel, I see no reason why they shouldn't get cracking straight away - but legally they have the same timescale.
Etienne
essexstardust

Post by essexstardust »

Thats great thanks Etienne, hopefully wont be too long then, cant imagine having to wait till august, i would have no hair left by then. :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now