CD purchase NOT download

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Confused Parent

CD purchase NOT download

Post by Confused Parent »

I am rather confused and would appreciate some help. I purchased Volume 1 CD online a few days ago. As my son spends time at both my house & his Father`s I did not want to download it but wanted a hard copy for him to use on any computer so was happy to pay the extra £5 plus p&p. When I received purchase confirmation by email and an online activation code I was rather worried so I emailed 'elevenplusexams' to ask for clarification. No reply, so I rang, explained my concerns & was told by a very pleasant chap that all CD purchasers are sent the online access code regardless so that children can begin the exercises straight away and not have to wait for Royal Mail. Today I received my CD by post but it would seem that I still need to use my access code to activate the software and will be restricted to using it on 1 PC only!

Have I read the instructions properly? I am not very IT literate & will be cheesed off if I can only use the CD one one PC.

Any advice from existing users would be much appreciated, the demo questions were great. I do hope I haven`t paid an extra £10 in error!

In anticipation, Thanks.

yeap

Post by Guest »

hi cp
sorry but i am fated to be bad news carrier for you regarding this matter. i have bought the same cd VR Vol. 1 for my son. before buying it i did some detective work and i am very happy that i saved money buy just downloading it (for £19.99). my only concern was if i should get it on my son's PC or my laptop. at the end i got it on my laptop. now he just take my little machine wherever he wants and do his work. in your case if you haven't downloaded it on your PC and have got laptop plus you don't mind giving your laptop to your son when he is going away then best option i can suggest is get it on your laptop. i am afraid you have wasted your £10.00 but it is such a good little thing that you will forget about a tenner soon hopefully. in future if you decide to buy cd Vol. 2(the tutors) be careful and save money by choosing download option rather than buying it. i hope it is helpful for you and you are not offended because of my (black) sense of humour. bye.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello CP

Thank you for the e-mail highlighting the issue regarding whether to download the software or purchase the CD.

As you are now aware neither the CDs or the software downloads are transferrable between different computers. The reasons for this is to protect copyright, prevent copying of material and therefore maintain a low cost for the product.

The difference in prices is really an incentive for purchasers to buy the download version as there are no production costs and no time spent preparing and delivering the product. However, we are aware that some people are sensitive to downloading software from the internet and therefore a hard copy is made available and the additional cost is passed on to the purchaser.

As past purchasers have already pointed out the products are already good value for money, because the tests can be completed as many times as you wish, they are self-marking and progress can be monitored with the user-friendly software.

The current prices are "introductory" and the future costs of the CDs may be considerably higher.

I am not sure how your conversation ended with elevenplusexams.co.uk, but in the past I know that they have been very flexible where genuine misunderstanding has been made.

I hope your son finds the CD useful in preparing for the tests.

Regards

Mike Edwards
cdguest

CD

Post by cdguest »

What happens if the computer is lost or stolen? Do you provide a new code or a fresh £19.99 for a new code!
AX

Post by AX »

If your computer was lost or stolen would Microsoft send you a new copy of Word, Excel etc?

The CD software security works in much the same as Microsoft. Should your machine even have it's hard drive wiped out the software can be re-installed on the same machine without a problem. However it is not transferrable between machines and thus should your machine be stolen then you would have to re-purchase.

Purchasing the physical CDs will not enable you to install on multiple computer.

AX
cdguest

Still CD

Post by cdguest »

If your computer is lost or stolen and you can provide prove of purchase, Microsoft will replace the product. You have a licence agreement with MS, the software is not a chattell. Are you tellling me if the software does not work as expected I will not obtain a replacement?
Confused Parent (nomore)

CD

Post by Confused Parent (nomore) »

Thanks for your replies. I have now spoken to Elevenplusexams, they were very helpful and have offered to help me out as I was somewhat confused by the download versus CD purchase. The software can only be used on one machine regardless it would seem.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now