Which CDs for Latymer?

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

knackered_dad

Which CDs for Latymer?

Post by knackered_dad »

Hello,

Just wondering which, if any, would be most suitable to help my daughter get up to speed for the latymer entrance exam.

Thanks...

:D
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

The CDs are good for practice and preparation in Verbal Reasoning, Maths, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Vocabulary Building.

It is important to be aware of the format of the Latymer tests before choosing the CDs.

All the CDs are formatted in the same way. Students can complete as many questions as they want as often as they want, with the last ten attempts recorded. As a parent you can assess improvements in accuracy and speed as well as identifying problem areas quickly.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
knackered_dad

Post by knackered_dad »

Thanks for that. I have the Latymer 'pack' from the school already so have a good idea of what is needed.
loulou

Post by loulou »

knackered_dad

If you are talking about Latymer in Edmonton the school actually use NFER papers for the NVR not Athey (although this is what they sell to prospective parents). They don't tell you they use NFER until you get the letter with the exams date and time which they send out the week before the exam. This has thrown many a parent and child in the past so consider this when buying your CDs. They also sit a VR paper (as part of the English paper) in the second round which I believe (but you would need to double check) is possibly also NFER.
knackered_dad

Post by knackered_dad »

Hi loulou,

That's what threw me a bit when I saw other posts suggesting exactly that and after having bought the sample papers from them! Oh well, it's all good practise and I intend to buy the lot and spend the summer going through them as well as various sample papers.

Thanks for your feedback!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi loulou and k-dad

The Tutors VR and Maths CDs have been written specifically to compliment the NFER questions.

Both the VR CD1 and Maths CD1 provides a syllabus of question types. The respective CD2s provide a series of practice papers. All the questions on all of the CDs can be completed as often as wanted. They are self-marking and self-timing.

Elevenplusexams.co.uk have within the last week launched a NVR CD. Although we were not involved in writing the CD content, I would expect it to reflect the standard of questions in most NVR tests.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.