Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twiglet

Waiting Lists

Post by twiglet »

Does anybody know how far down they go on the waiting list each year. A rough guide would be fantastic my daughter is currently 7th for Shottery what are her chances. Guessing this year may be more competitive?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Hi Twiglet,

7th on the waiting list in Eastern Warks would stand a good chance. Unfortunately, I have no experience/knowledge about Southern Warks.

Magwich would have a better idea - not that she has had experience of waiting lists, but there might be some in her daughters' classes who have...
twiglet

Post by twiglet »

Thanks for that. From what I have read Eastern and Southern are quite different. It would be useful to have an idea but have the feeling this year might be more difficult to call.

If anyone has had the waiting list experience in the last couples of years for Southern I would love some feedback.
secondtimearound

Post by secondtimearound »

My son was 9th on the KES waiting list three years ago and he got in.
twiglet

Waiting Lists

Post by twiglet »

Thanks secondtimearound, that gives me hope! When did you hear?
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

Hi There,

Have you tried asking admissons? They seem quite helpful and friendly to me.

Rose Petal
twiglet

Waiting Lists

Post by twiglet »

Hi Rose Petal,

You're right they are very friendly and helpful and the main view I am getting is that from next week onwards they have a better idea. I was just trying to understand if there is some kind of pattern of numbers each year. I have been told she stands a good chance but you never know!

Also I wonder if people hang onto their places regardless until the last minute just incase?
twiglet

Waiting Lists

Post by twiglet »

Hi Rose Petal,

You're right they are very friendly and helpful and the main view I am getting is that from next week onwards they have a better idea. I was just trying to understand if there is some kind of pattern of numbers each year. I have been told she stands a good chance but you never know!

Also I wonder if people hang onto their places regardless until the last minute just incase?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Today is the day that decisions have to be made whether to accept or decline a school place (at least that was the date that we were tied down to).

Let's hope there will be a bit of movement now...

Good luck if this applies to you.
twiglet

Waiting Lists

Post by twiglet »

Hi Ed's Mum,

I was told that x amount had accepted and they were still waiting for others to reply (this is for Southern school) but I'm wondering if people accept and then mull things over before finally deciding to decline/accept or are you tied down to this date.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now