Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:10 am 

Just over a week to go. Just wish you knew the results sooner, but thats another topic :evil:

Anyway, Im just trying to get my head round how the fact we are in the 17 mile catchment area, will in fact be a bonus to us ? Is it only in a result of scores being equal does catchment come into it ?
e.g 90 places up for grabs. The 89 top scores get in, then if there were 4 ties for 90th, so closest to school get in ?
I did read that some grammers take minimum 50% from catchment, then 50% top score, but that didnt seem to apply to AGS.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 am 

My understanding is that only candidates in the priority circle can be offered a place in the first round; out-of-catchment applicants go onto the waiting list in order of score, not distance.

In the case of a tie for 90th place within catchment, or for places on the waiting list, I believe the order is decided by a committee which looks at head teachers' reports. I'm sure someone will correct me if I've not got that bit quite right, but I don't think there's any disadvantage in being at the edge of the priority circle - you're either in it or not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:07 pm 

Thanks Sherbet. 17 mile radius is a big area though !

Must crack the whip on her when she gets home . Metaphorically speaking , the daughter that is - not the wife ... thats for another website :lol: