Rugby High School - New Uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Learning Fast

Re: Rugby High School - New Uniform

Post by Learning Fast »

I need to vent again.

I've just been in to collect my Y7 daughter's blazer (for 38 quid, you know the one they sold us on the idea of as it would be under £35). Whilst there I decided to get a second skirt. IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! :shock: Same shop, same price, same mix of fabrics, but it is a different colour, it has a waist band (the other one has none), it feels much lighter in weight and feels completely different. The shop said its just the pleats which are 'regulation'.

I cannot understand how the school can insist on us getting such expensive uniform if its not all the same. Why can't I pop into M&S or BHS and get a far cheaper navy pleated skirt if their own suppliers cant even make them all the same.

Someone calm me down!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It's one thing to have regulation uniform; where my children go it costs a fortune. But it's quite another thing when there are seemingly different varieties of regulation! I would feel the same as you. So I can't calm you down I'm afraid. I think I would be asking the school some questions.
Learning Fast

Post by Learning Fast »

How do I ask the school some questions without coming across as an interfering busy body? I'm very concerned not to make things difficult for my daughter.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

In a primary school it's fairly easy to rub things up the wrong way as the teacher you question may teach your child all day, every day. At RHS I just don't think it will have the same negative impact. You are asking about uniform for financial reasons and not making any comments about teaching. I cannot see how this would affect your daughter at all. I also cannot imagine that teachers would find out anyway. This would be communication between you and Mrs Martin and perhaps the governors.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now