Warwick School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twinsmom11

Warwick School

Post by twinsmom11 »

Hi

Not seeing much activity on this forum but am wondering if any of your DC's went to the exam yday? The feedback we got from our DS's was that the exam was relatively easier than the KES even though they found few questions tough in maths but the reasoning is v v v easy :shock: Now only thing to do is wait & pray as my Ds's have finished all..looking back it is quite a bit of a journey with 3 grammers and 3 indies :wink:

Like to know your comments especially from um if your DS has given this test?

Thanks
twinsmom11

Re: Warwick School

Post by twinsmom11 »

Hi

I am happy at least our both DS's secured at WS indie, albeit full payment seats :roll: . We got the post today informing the same but not yet sure though if we could able to afford for both. :(

twinsmom
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Congratulations to the twins and fingers crossed for March!
jn316

Post by jn316 »

Twinsmom

Congratulations on securing the places for WS. You should check if you qualify for a bursary with WS - this is means tested roughly based on your income levels and different to a scholarship award.

It wouldn't hurt to contact the Head of WS even if you don't qualify for a bursary. You could ask if they would consider any discount for 2 pupils entering at the same time from one household. Also remember that fees go up every year.
twinsmom11

Post by twinsmom11 »

Thanks Warks mum and jn316 for your kind suggestions, my DS2 was offered a bursary with 50% fees, so we feel confident our DS would thrive given those facilities, etc and seriously contemplating to send him there after looking at the school league tables, etc. But what I am really hoping for is does anyone got any personal experiences about the school which you can share? I feel very lonely on this school unlike other indies like KES where you can find a wealth of information on this excellent forum. But I am sure there would be some parents who must be still active here. :D Also it would be helpful for me if I can find someone who live in Solihull area but sending their DS to WS commuting daily so my DS can have a companion :roll:
um

Post by um »

I think that quite a few Sihilians travel to Warwick School, and I heard a few years ago of some kind of service taking them from B93 there...I would imagine that once you start there, you will have an opportunity to meet parents from the same area as you and talk about this.

As ds1's parents' open evening (at CH) we had different coloured badges so we could find and meet up with parents from our local area.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

many years ago I used to see quite a few at the railway station in Solihull heading to Warwick each day.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I have a good friend at this school - he has loved every moment and has thrived. Has made lovely friends ...I know his parents would and do wholeheartedly recommend it.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

We turned down a big scholarship at Warwick last year, didn't like the school, it didn't come across at all well with any warmth or soul, this is a personal experience. We are also ethnic minority people and didn't see many other ethnics there like us. Apart from that it is ok with excellent sporting facilities and science lab. Their performance in leage tables is also ok, better than Solihull if this is important.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now