LSS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

marked

LSS

Post by marked »

Hi,

Does anyone know when LSS is going to send out detailed information about the school, uniform and other things to the new intake and when they are going to invite new boys to attend the school for a day?

Cheers
Ed's mum

Re: LSS

Post by Ed's mum »

Welcome to the forum Marked.
I would imagine it would be fairly soon. Why not telephone and ask them? I'm sure that they are used to answering those sorts of questions.

01788 542074
marked

LSS

Post by marked »

Ed's mum wrote:Welcome to the forum Marked.
I would imagine it would be fairly soon. Why not telephone and ask them? I'm sure that they are used to answering those sorts of questions.

01788 542074
Thank you "Ed's mum". I actually called them and was told: "Information packs will be sent out during May, once all parents have confirmed that they wish to accept the place offered to their son."

I don't want to keep calling, and just wondered if anyone knew or received anything. We have erratic post and recently lots of post has been delivered to the wrong address. The results letter was quick, but the acceptance letter was two weeks late!

I noticed your top thread. In case you want an update: two places have been offered from the LSS waiting list. The score at the top of the Lawrence Sheriff waiting list at the moment is 337.

Update for 10th May... the current score at the top of the LSS list now is redcued to 333.
Last edited by marked on Tue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Secondary school transfer day is July 12th.
marked

LSS

Post by marked »

guest201 wrote:Secondary school transfer day is July 12th.
Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know whether boys have to play rugby at LSS, or if there is a choice to opt out and play football instead?

I heard there are no lockers at LSS and everything has to be carried all day. Is this true? If true, is there a reason for this, and are there plans for lockers?
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Rugby is compulsory but my son tells me that you can opt for football in Year 9. Also boys can play hockey in Year 8.

I can confirm that there are no lockers - there isn't the space for them and it does means LSS boys do not have the problem of having to trek back to their lockers half way through the day/forget items etc.
fed up

Post by fed up »

But my son has lost so much stuff by leaving it over the back of chairs because he has no locker. I had to replace the whole white PE kit once. I wish they did have lockers, it would seem more civilised!
marked

LSS

Post by marked »

Rugbymum wrote:Rugby is compulsory but my son tells me that you can opt for football in Year 9. Also boys can play hockey in Year 8.

I can confirm that there are no lockers - there isn't the space for them and it does means LSS boys do not have the problem of having to trek back to their lockers half way through the day/forget items etc.
Thanks for that. Oh well my son is not going to be happy. He hates Rugby, but loves football, plays in a Sunday league etc. I am surprised why boys can opt for football in year 9, but not year 7. Two years of torture!
saram

Post by saram »

My son, year 7, had to play rugby for the first term but, as he wasn't in the top set, was able to choose to play hockey after Christmas. They're now all getting thumped playing cricket!
marked

Post by marked »

saram wrote:My son, year 7, had to play rugby for the first term but, as he wasn't in the top set, was able to choose to play hockey after Christmas. They're now all getting thumped playing cricket!
What is "top set"? Is this some sort of streaming on ability? Are boys streamed in all sports or generically on fitness? What is the basis of assigning a set?

Are boys streamed in academic subjects in Year 7?