Scores for LSS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hemlock

Scores for LSS

Post by hemlock »

Hi, new to the forum. Does anyone know if there is an overlap with the eastern and southern areas. If so approx how many from the eastern area will not be applying for LSS? Unfortunately my ds scored 291 (rank 173) so I don't think he'll get in to LSS, but does he have any chance of getting in to either LSS on the waiting list, or into Ashlawn GS? Was there a place offered for a score in the 280s last year and if so do you know which school?
justathought

Re: Scores for LSS

Post by justathought »

It depends on what priority area he is in. He might have a chance slim chance if he is in the inner circle. It depends how many of those who scored higher are out of area/in the outer area/ or are going to take a place in the southern area. All a bit wishy washy but the advice below was recently posted on another thread. Not sure if this helps you. Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

307 would have got LSS last year from the inner circle - likely that the scores required this year will be lower (more places, less candidates). From the outer circle last year needed 339 if I remember rightly. So highly unlikely to come down to anywhere near 307 for priority area he is in.
Janeymorris

Re: Scores for LSS

Post by Janeymorris »

Really don't expect will have much chance from waiting list as don,t forget most of the south Warwickshire children who don,t get a place at there schools suddenly decide to join the LSS waiting list usually with higher scores. I kNow someone who got into ashlawn with 299 but you need to go to appeal and would have good chance if child predicted to get level 5 sats.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now