Cycling to School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ginx

Re: Cycling to School

Post by ginx »

Thanks, FluffyD.

I will buy more trousers, have them taken in, and make my dd wear something. She is self conscious, it is difficult, but I cannot keep buying trousers! I am now trying to work out if there's any way I can remove the logo from the trousers and put them on a plain black pair, from Asda or somewhere cheap!
ginx

Post by ginx »

I obviously forgot to post the school's answer on here.

They contacted me, and they are paying to have her trousers tapered so they don't catch in her chain!

I'm very impressed. Meantime I've decided dd would look great in a skirt - I've bought her one - but she's worried she can't cycle in it. I think you can cycle in a skirt (knee length) if you try ....

But very impressed by the school.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I'm very impressed. Meantime I've decided dd would look great in a skirt - I've bought her one - but she's worried she can't cycle in it. I think you can cycle in a skirt (knee length) if you try ....
It depends how tight it is :shock:

How wonderful that the school have offered to sort the trousers problem out! I hope your DD will still wear them when they have been "tapered"
ginx

Post by ginx »

DenDe (are you following me around or am I following you?!)

Goodness knows what the trousers will look like "tapered". All I know is the uniform was changed because girls were wearing trousers that were, apparently, trendy - and very tapered.

My dd is not at all trendy or interested. She's just self conscious. She doesn't want trousers to be too tapered.

The skirt isn't very tight, so I guess it will, err, excuse the language, sort of blow up if there's any wind, when she's cycling?! I think she needs a practice cycle; she thinks I have gone mad.