Stratford Grammar School for Girls Automatic Qualifying Nos?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nervous Dad

Stratford Grammar School for Girls Automatic Qualifying Nos?

Post by Nervous Dad »

Anyone prepared,even at this late stage,to have a feel what the above qualifying score may be?
kongo1959

Re: Stratford Grammar School for Girls Automatic Qualifying

Post by kongo1959 »

Nervous Dad wrote:Anyone prepared,even at this late stage,to have a feel what the above qualifying score may be?
We could run a sweepstake on this ;o)

The average over the last 4 years comes in at 329.5 so with the additional places up for grabs I'll go for 328 as the AQS.

Hope your dd gets in.
Nervous Dad

Post by Nervous Dad »

Thanks for your reply.

Following previous posts on this forum I would have thought that the AQS would have been somewhat less this year with the additional places up for grabs.I even saw someone suggest about 317.

I hope it is about 323!!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think it will be around 325, I would think there is some hope for anyone over 318 or so in the southern area to potentially get a waiting list place.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

This year there are 112 places for SGS, last year there were only 75. So the qualifying score will inevitably drop as a result of that.

Also the number sitting the test this year fell (1817, compared to 1930 in 2011), and although this may be largely due to the Birmingham tests not being later than the Warwickshire one this year, so no "free mock" entrants, this was apparently a low birth rate year, so they may be some some genuine drop in applicant numbers. That too would cause a drop in the required score.

Nervous Dad - 323 ought to be comfortably inside the AQS for Stratford Girls this year.

Last year's 1st preference figures for South Warwickshire girls only: were AGS=155, SGS=245

If a score of 323 gives a rank of 156 out of 502 for South Warwickshire girls this year - we'd actually expect 38.75% of those ranked above that to have Alcester as a first preference (assuming that the same pattern of preferences continues). So 60 of those 156 would probably have chosen AGS over SGS. Meaning your dd's effective rank is around 96 for SGS alone. With 112 places up for grabs you should be ok.
Nervous Dad

Post by Nervous Dad »

Thanks,Okanagan

I really hope 323 is OK for SGS this year.

4 more days to go!!
Spokenhands

Post by Spokenhands »

How good is Okanagan, honestly!!!! :D :D
What would we do without you??!!!!

AR
Qwe

Post by Qwe »

£10 on 315 for me! :roll:
justamum

Post by justamum »

Okanagan wrote: If a score of 323 gives a rank of 156 out of 502 for South Warwickshire girls this year - we'd actually expect 38.75% of those ranked above that to have Alcester as a first preference (assuming that the same pattern of preferences continues). So 60 of those 156 would probably have chosen AGS over SGS. Meaning your dd's effective rank is around 96 for SGS alone. With 112 places up for grabs you should be ok.
Though not all of those 60 girls will not get a place at AGS because of the boy girl imbalance....
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes - as it looks like the Alcester qualifying score will be higher then Stratford this year a few of those will probably revert to SGS as a 2nd choice. Probably not 16 of them though as the difference isn't likely to be more than 5 or 6 points.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now