Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSD

Re: 2014 exam / 2105 admissions

Post by MSD »

Thanks for the link Mitasol!

I am shocked to read the following line in the report :

"In the interim CEM can provide tests based on its current bank of questions"

So does that mean they have a bank of questions and just pick and choose for each region. This is quite interesting as I know last years's QM test recycled a comprehension exercise and a lot of Maths questions from the previous KE tests in Bham. And no wonder most of the vocab words are also recycled over the years.

May be time to get rid of the exam content sticky :) Any thoughts KenR?

MSD
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Yes MSD, I did notice the replication of a previous year's comprehension text - not only that, but based on the information available I was a able to locate the exact article online! I am not sure why we should remove the sticky though: the content is freely available for all to see and removing it would simply mean that the information becomes the exclusive domain of those who have tutors - if CEM really want to keep their 'bespoke papers' reputation, they need to pull up their socks and actually make bespoke papers that vary in conent for the 40K they earn rather than a cut-and-paste job they seem to be doing now :roll: .

UmSusu
UmSusu
KenR

Post by KenR »

May be time to get rid of the exam content sticky Any thoughts KenR?
The problem is that if we do that the tutors will still have the list but new parents won't - I don't like the idea doing anything that give an advantage to tutored pupils
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now