Allocations Thread 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Okanagan

Re: Allocations Thread 2013

Post by Okanagan »

It certainly seems to be - the allocations letters says for both Lawrence Sheriff and Rugby High that places were offered to category 5 according to the admissions criteria "Other children who meeet the qualifying standard for the school (including those who were late applicants and those residing outside of the relevant priority areas)."
HenryHoover

Post by HenryHoover »

Long time lurker here - finally plucked up the courage to register and post!

Two years till my DD sits the test but thought it was finally time to take the plunge.

That's a good spot Genie. My understanding though is that this is probably the first year (ever / in a long time) that places have ever been offered to lates / out of area applicants in the first round of offers. If I understand correctly this will be down to the extra places available and a small year 6?

The key thing is that the school's own admission arrangements do contain provision for lates / out-of-areas to be offered on 01 March if there are insufficient students of the required ability in the higher categories. From what Okanagan (my idol) says, I suspect this is what has happened. The admissions booklet I have says it is 'unlikely' you would be offered on 01 March if late / out of area. I suspect all is above board - just an unusual year.

HH.
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

very pleased to report that DD has been offered a place at AGS! She is very excited and we are thrilled :D
justathought

Post by justathought »

HenryHoover wrote:Long time lurker here - finally plucked up the courage to register and post!

Two years till my DD sits the test but thought it was finally time to take the plunge.

That's a good spot Genie. My understanding though is that this is probably the first year (ever / in a long time) that places have ever been offered to lates / out of area applicants in the first round of offers. If I understand correctly this will be down to the extra places available and a small year 6?

The key thing is that the school's own admission arrangements do contain provision for lates / out-of-areas to be offered on 01 March if there are insufficient students of the required ability in the higher categories. From what Okanagan (my idol) says, I suspect this is what has happened. The admissions booklet I have says it is 'unlikely' you would be offered on 01 March if late / out of area. I suspect all is above board - just an unusual year.

HH.
I'm sure they will argue so although the words 'smoke screen' and 'playing games' spring to mind. It is interesting that RHS took down to a lower score.
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

Hi Ginx just saw your post - congrats to and your dd :)

We too achieved our goal with dd1 - now for DS and DD2 and then we're done :)
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, yummycool! Congratulations to you - how old are your younger ones? I have ds2 in year two ... so a nice three year break before I think about those Bond books!!!! :D

We didn't achieve our goal so much as have some luck! But so pleased and proud - and very touched by everyone's congratulations to us.