A GRAMMAR EDUCATION

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest0001

A GRAMMAR EDUCATION

Post by guest0001 »

My son passed his entry test to go to a selective school in Coventry. We have to pay,although we do get a small bursary. I do think that its a shame they do not have 'Free' Grammar school education where i live,and the options are 'only' selective paying. I was looking at the websites for Lawrence Sheriff school in Rugby. They say they admit children from the surrounding areas. Would Coventry be included?
I know it is a mad,mad scramble to get into ANY free Grammar these days,(for Godsake,we only want a decent education for our children!!)but could i apply for my son to take the entry test in year 8? Any HONEST advice would be appreciated. :)
guest0001

Post by guest0001 »

Me from the last post....I am anything but well off. If anything, we are struggling already,and my boy has not even started year 7! Obviously,if there is the small chance of a free Grammar,then i would jump at the chance. Just as everyone else does.

Post by Guest »

Why not just pick up the phone, call the school and ask? They may have a massive waiting list already or you may be too far away, but what have you to lose by asking?

If there is a possibility of a place they might also be able to put you on their mailing list and let you know when a place becomes free and they hold an exam. Don't expect the same level of communication from them as you would from a private school though.

Post by Guest »

The priority area appears to be anywhere within a 10 mile radius of the Rugby water tower (whatever that may be). Are you that close? If not I don't personally think you have much of a hope given that the school is more than 5 times oversubscribed and seems to be admitting well over it's PAN as it is. Even if you are, I wouldn't hold my breath frankly.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now